Transcend-Ed is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring you have a positive experience on our website and in using our products and services (collectively "Products"). This policy covers the Transcend-Ed website mobile applications, and desktop clients and is applicable worldwide.
Collection of your personal information
Described below are situations in which personal information is collected and the purposes for which it is collected. "Personal Information" is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include, but is not limited to, name, email address, postal or other physical address, credit or debit card number, title, information generated from use of our Products, and other information required to provide a Product, deliver a product, or carry out a transaction you have requested. Some of the reasons we collect your Personal Information may include:
- account registration
- generating reports based on information collected from use of our Products and Services
- requesting service and support for our Products and providing such support
- placing transactions or orders
- registering to attend a seminar, webinar or workshop
- participating in an online survey
- billing and collecting payments for our Products and services
- participating in discussion groups and forums
- registering for membership programs or newsletter subscriptions
- customising the advertising and content you see
Uses of your Personal Information
- To process your orders and deliver the products and services that you have ordered.
- To provide reports based on information collected from use of our products and services
- To keep you up to date on the latest product and service announcements, software updates, software upgrades, system enhancements, special offers, and other information, provided that you can edit your marketing preferences at any time as described below.
- To provide support and assistance for our products and services.
- To provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content.
- To provide the ability to contact you and to provide you with shipping and billing information.
- To provide customer feedback and support.
- To provide opt-in contests and other marketing or promotional activities from Transcend-Ed. Personal Information may be collected to administer those programs.
- To conduct questionnaires and surveys to provide better products and services to our customers and end users. Your completion of any questionnaires is voluntary.
- To understand more about you, so we can personalise newsletters and our website to your preferences. For example, allow you the opportunity to request specific information on products and services that may be of interest.
- To provide information on your request to another individual such as a friend or co-worker.
- To meet contract obligations.
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our website, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the website. Transcend-ed may store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us to request that we remove this information from our database.
Accessing and updating your Personal Information
Transcend-Ed may obtain some Personal Information regarding you from Facebook. In order to keep your Personal Information accurate and up to date or to delete any Personal Information, you will need to manage that through your Facebook account. We do not have the ability to modify or delete your Facebook Personal Information.
Upon request Transcend-Ed will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by sending an email request here. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Unsubscribing and Opting Out
Each promotional email from Transcend-Ed includes instructions on how you can unsubscribe from that category of mailing.
You may also unsubscribe from Transcend-Ed’s promotional emails by sending an email, including your name and email address by clicking here
If you have additional questions regarding your disclosure choices and Transcend-ed’s policies regarding receipt of promotional email, you may contact Transcend-Ed by sending an email with your name and email address by clicking here
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyse trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
In addition, by using some of our products and services, network information may be transmitted back to us such as product and service usage information. This information is transmitted back to us so we can determine how users are interacting with our products and services, to assist us with improving our products and services, and to correct any problems that may occur.
When you download and use our Services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or "UDID").
We collect your location based information for the purpose of optimising your connection to our data center. We will only share this information with our data center provider for the sole purpose of providing you this service.
If you do not wish to allow us to share your information in this manner please opt-out by contacting us here
You may opt-out of location based services at any time by editing the setting at the device level or by emailing us at email@example.com
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes under any circumstance.
We may share your Personal Information within Transcend-Ed and its affiliated companies and with third party service providers for purposes of data processing or storage.
We may also share your Personal Information with business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents or contractors in order to provide a requested product or transaction, including processing orders, processing credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting event and seminar registration and providing customer support. We only provide these third parties with the minimum amount of Personal Information necessary to complete/utilise the requested product or transaction, and the third parties are not permitted to use your Personal Information except for limited purpose of completing/providing the requested product or transaction.
As required by law, we may respond to subpoenas, court orders, or similar legal process by disclosing your Personal Information and other related information, if necessary; We also may choose to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
We may collect and possibly share Personal Information and any other additional information available to us in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Transcend-Ed's terms of service, or as otherwise required by law.
We will ask for your consent before we use or share your information for any purpose other than the reason you provided it or as otherwise provided by this policy. In order to let us know your preferences, we will require an action on your part, such as checking the appropriate option, to indicate your consent.
Security of your Personal Information
Transcend-ed is committed to protecting the Personal Information you share with us. We utilise a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organisational measures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
When we transfer credit card information over the Internet, we protect it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
We recommend you to take every precaution in protecting your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser.
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us here
Linked websites and third party services
Our websites and services may provide links to other third-party websites and services which are outside our control and not covered by this policy. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these (and all) sites you visit or services you use.
If you participate in a Transcend-Ed discussion forums or chat rooms, you should be aware that the information you provide there will be made broadly available to others, potentially inside or outside Transcend-ed, who have access to that discussion forum or chat room. Also, please recognise that individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. Each participant's opinion on a forum or chat room is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of Transcend-Ed.
Consent to Transfer, Processing and Storage of Personal Information
We may transfer your Personal Information to the United States, to any Transcend-Ed affiliate worldwide, or to third parties acting on our behalf for the purposes of processing or storage, and by providing any Personal Information you fully understand and unambiguously consent to such transfer, processing and storage of such information.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer’s hard drive. The cookies we use allow our website to recognise your device when you visit our website. We use the following cookies on our website:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential for the use of the features and services on our website. For instance, we use these cookies to identify you as being logged in to the site.
- Performance cookies: these cookies collect information about how the website is used so that we can improve the site. For instance, these cookies enable us to count the number of unique visitors to our website.
- Functional cookies: these cookies allow our website to remember choices you make such as remembering your user name and any customisations you make to pages on the website.
- Targeting / advertising cookies: these cookies collect information about your internet browsing habits in order to make advertising and marketing more relevant to you and your interests (both on this website and other websites).
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. For more information about how to do this, and about cookies in general, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Removing or blocking cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. Please note that certain cookies may be set as soon as you visit our website, but you can remove them using your browser settings.
Questions or comments?
Attention: Privacy Officer
4 Shay Court, Crofton, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, WF4 1SL
Transcend-Ed may amend this privacy statement from time to time, and at any time. You will need to check this website regulalry for updates. We will post a notice on this website whenever this privacy statement is materially changed. Your continued use of the Transcend-Ed website or products and services after any change will signify and confirm your assent to those changes.